Indexing posts

General Information and NEWS about AD products and events.

Indexing posts

Postby babyhippo » Thu May 24, 2012 10:19 pm

Hi all, just a thought.....would it be possible to group together the enquires and answers for the car/ transponders, so that when looking for answers/ help you would be able to scroll through the replies. Like for example the badges you press on the ad site ? It would help peeps in seeing answers to questions possibly there already and reduce repeat questions......not sure if this has been already suggested. I also realise that if possible it would take a while as the site is rather big

Regards Dave
David Everett
DSE LOCKSMITH
babyhippo
User

Re: Indexing posts

Postby Simon » Tue May 29, 2012 4:55 pm

Dave,

Not sure I am 100% sure of what you are asking for. Do you mean to remove all of the unwanted parts of a question and display only the question and the answer ?

Thanks.
Simon Ashby
Advanced Diagnostics Ltd
http://www.advanced-diagnostics.com
Simon
Gold Pro Member
Gold Pro Member

Postby babyhippo » Tue May 29, 2012 8:52 pm

Hi simon,

properly didn't write it clear :( no I mean group all the topics by make, like the advanced keys site, ie click on ford and all the relevant keys remote pop up easy to order keys as it shows you only the group you have clicked on, so that any info, hints and tips etc are towards the car that a person is looking at. As the way it is you have to trawl through the massive amount of info that people have put on by scrolling through it.

Just an idea to throw into the pot or maybe someone may have a similar or better idea, big task if it happened any thoughts to it ?

Dave
David Everett
DSE LOCKSMITH
babyhippo
User

Postby Simon » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:57 pm

Hi Dave,

OK, now I understand you. Yes I put this exact idea forward some time ago, whereby the vehicle data is grouped into manufacturers however I was told this would make the forum seem "messy" - personally I think it is the right way to go. Makes both posting and retrieving data easier but perhaps would mean you were less likely to get a reply (bearing in mind there would be some 50 or so manufacturer areas)

Not sure what you other guys think ? Always willing to listen to comments on the subject.

Thanks.
Simon Ashby
Advanced Diagnostics Ltd
Simon
Gold Pro Member
Gold Pro Member

Postby ianpearson » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:53 pm

my 2p worth would propose just a general improvement to the search function whereby I'm not being told I can't use search at this time which seems to have very regularly on the 2nd page of most of my searches :s

Otherwise to simplify It would be easier to find results if it only listed a post once even tho the searched words are present in more than one reply.
Name - Ian Pearson
Company - Ian Pearson Vehicle Locksmith
www.iptl.co.uk
ian@iptl.co.uk
07778 53 33 43
Learning to crawl, walk, and run...all at the same time
ianpearson
Bronze User
Bronze User

Postby michael manning » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:50 pm

Great idea Dave, have you tried using the search function? If not that may help you. :)

Michael Manning
http://www.imperiallocksmiths.com.au
michael manning
User

Postby Simon » Thu May 23, 2013 11:48 am

Search facility works just fine?? Start at the top right and the reduce the posts displayed by using the search on the top left bar, that's how I do it and it always works fine. Am I missing something ?

Thanks,

Simon
Simon Ashby
Advanced Diagnostics Ltd
Simon
Gold Pro Member
Gold Pro Member

Postby hewson » Thu May 23, 2013 2:51 pm

I believe that as you say if you have vehicle makes by manufacture then there will less replies as at the moment you see all requests for help...so i see no need to change this layout ..may be able to fine tune as IQ builds on its success.

Just my thoughts.!!
Nigel Sylvester
Huttoft Services Ltd. AutoAccess
huttoftservices@btinternet.com
hewson
Gold User
Gold User

Postby Simon » Fri May 24, 2013 7:35 am

Thanks Nigel, we appreciate the input.

Simon
Simon Ashby